Job ID 39886
City of London
cer Financial are working alongside an Insurance company who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Claims Adjuster to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Responsibilities of a Claims Adjuster Will Include:
- To respond to all new claims advices delegated for your handling in a timely fashion and to maintain a record of all such claims. This will include setting up files and to obtain supporting documentation to allow settlement of such claims.
- Where applicable the appointing of specialists from the panel used by the company which will include loss adjusters, engineers and solicitors.
- Respond to queries from Policyholders, Brokers and any other applicable party in the appropriate manner.
- Correspond with Policyholders and brokers to request supporting documentation for claims to enable a timely settlement whilst maintaining a commercial attitude towards settlement.
- Seek instruction from Departmental Manager where they may be points or queries of material interest to the underwriting department.
- Maintain a regular review of all working practices.
- Ensure all claim files are up to date and all correspondence saved within the departments e-filing system.
- Liaise with departmental manager and team members where there are material concerns.
- Attend all internal and external claims meetings where relevant to the individual.
- Where necessary liaise with Insurance industry bodies i.e. ABI, FOS.
- Liaise internally and provide back-up to other departments within the company relating to their areas of interest.
The Successful Claims Adjuster Will Have:
- Experienced claims practitioner with 5 years or more.
- 3 years’ experience in commercial property claims, ideally from insurance company.
- Good understanding of predominantly property claims but any liability experience will be advantageous.
- Have a keen grasp of figures and be comfortable and confident when speaking with policyholders, brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.