Job ID 39496
City of London
£50,000 – £60,000 per annum
cer Financial are working alongside an international bank based in the City of London. They are seeking a Credit Analyst to work with them on a permanent basis.
The responsibilities of a Credit Analyst will include:
- Prepares written credit analysis reports on new lending proposals and on annual reviews to evaluate credit risk involved in extending facilities to individuals, corporations, financial institutions and public organizations. Observes quality and service levels set for the department.
- Preparing analytical reports assessing the level of risk in the extension of new credit facilities and review/renewal of existing facilities for individuals and corporations in accordance with the bank’s Standards and procedures. This entails spreading the financial statements; analysing the risk, where necessary support the analysis by cash flow forecasts; and the writing of the credit recommendations for complex credits.
- Preparing analytical reports assessing the level of risk in the extension of new credit facilities and renewal of existing facilities for banks and other financial institutions.
- Adhere to the guidelines of climate risk analysis as outlined in the CPM
- Conducting political and economic analysis of assigned countries and maintain current knowledge of certain assigned industries to prepare relevant study on economic trends in industry sectors and to assess industry risk.
- Review MIS reports produced by and for the departments to ensure robust exception controls.
- Contact banks, trade and credit agencies and others to obtain credit information.
- Visit with Account Officer existing clients of the bank to improve understandings of their operations and finances.
- Maintaining and updating files with information on borrowers.
- Observe the departmental quality standards on service level agreements and participate in enhancing these standards.
- Assist in carrying out any special project as assigned by Head of department
The successful Credit Analyst will include:
- Demonstrate strong credit skills and judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience within Financial Institutions, Corporate Credit and Analysis
- Degree level and professional qualifications desirable.
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Charlie Watson email@example.com / 0207 626 6065.