Job ID 39441
Cutover and Implementation SME
City of London/Hybrid
£600 – £720 per day
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Cutover and Implementation SME to work with them on a contract basis until September 24.
The Cutover and Implementation SME will be responsible for all business and technical aspects of the Cutover and Implementation planning and execution – involving activities within Data Migration, Data Transfer and coordination of runbook activities for the overall Programme.
The Responsibilities of a Cutover and Implementation SME Will Include:
- Cutover Planning and Runbook Management: Develop a detailed cutover plan that outlines all the tasks that need to be completed during the cutover, the sequence in which they should be performed, and the roles and responsibilities of all team members.
- Cutover Execution: Manage the actual cutover process, including the final data migration.
- Cutover Monitoring: Closely monitor the cutover process to identify and resolve any issues that arise and ensure a smooth transition to the new system.
- User Coordination: Coordinate with users on how to use the migrated data.
- Post-Migration Validation: Validate the migrated data in the target system to ensure it meets the required quality standards and supports the organisation’s operations. Coordinate validation for the other systems as defined by other respective leads.
- Tech Authoring of documents that describe the cutover and implementation process developed.
- Creating an integrated relationship with the IT teams that will help build and test the technology to support the cutover and implementation approach.
- Work with operations teams to design, develop and approve setup of reference/ static data for testing and go-live.
- Coordinate with business process stakeholders to ensure that the business context and impacts are considered.
- Ultimately support through efficient cutover and implementation a successful migration of securities clients into platforms
- Post-Migration Review: Conduct a post-migration review to identify any lessons learned and areas for improvement in future migrations.
- Stakeholder Communication: Regularly communicate with all stakeholders to keep them informed about the progress of the cutover and implementation and address any concerns they may have.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business analysts, IT team, Divisions, and decision-makers, communicate findings, recommendations, and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
The Successful Cutover and Implementation SME Will Have:
- Cutover and Implementation within Data Migration Programmes
- Rule writing and testing
- Technical proficiency
- Risk management
- A broad understanding of key data used within a financial services setting.
- Working with Large Data, Small Data, integrated and standalone systems.
- Proven experience in managing system integration and data migration projects, particularly the cutover and implementation stages.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of data migration processes and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Using multiple technologies to achieve outcomes.
- Principles of System Integration, Data Governance and Data Quality
- System and Data Remediation
- Data Security and Handling within a Bank.
- Experience having completed a system transformation cutover including customer data migration cutover.
- Experience in KYC processes
- Working within a data migration function from scratch, including setting up relevant best practice and supporting eco-systems for cutover and implementation