Job ID 39304
Derivative Settlements Associate
£200 per day
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in Canary Wharf. They are seeking a Derivative Settlements Associate to work with them on a contract.
In this role you will ensure that Derivative Settlements encompassing payment processing, payment notices, reset notices, settlement confirmation, calendar updates, broker payments and securities settlements are completed accurately and on time.
The Responsibilities of a Derivative Settlements Associate Will Include:
· Accountable for the timely and accurate completion of derivative settlements and associated tasks, ensuring that all regulatory and contractual obligations are fulfilled.
· Manage relationships with counterparts and internal stakeholders to promote quality of service, ensuring the timely escalation and resolution of issues and queries.
· Manage the maintenance and review of desktop procedures relating to day to day processes and administer updates via the policy and procedures database on a periodic basis
· Perform, document and supervise UAT as part of new system upgrades and development. Escalate any issues identified and follow through to remediation.
· Identify opportunities to streamline processes by introducing systemic solutions and/or by centralising processes to create a central processing hub.
· Proactively follows compliance procedures and completes tasks accurately. Attends compliance training and integrates learning and requirements into the day to day delivery of tasks, demonstrating an understanding of applicable risks and controls.
The Successful Derivative Settlements Associate Will Have:
· Experience in derivatives and foreign exchange, payment investigations, SWIFT message types and FX banking knowledge
· Strong working knowledge of Excel, capable of manipulating financial data
· Experience of ‘User Acceptance Testing’ (UAT).
· Ability to identify efficiencies and suggest methods to implement change to existing process.
· Education & Qualifications: A Level