Job ID 39538
Finance Business Analyst
City of London/Hybrid
Circa £650 per day PAYE
cer Financial are working alongside an international bank based in the City of London. They are seeking a Finance Business Analyst to work with them on a contract basis initially until the end of March 2024.
This role will require working closely with the various departments within Finance in a varied capacity covering project management, project administration, business analysis, and business as usual. The role is also there to help increase capacity for the team in managing wider business transformational projects and will typically be involved in various capacities as project resource, business analyst and / or testing resource.
The responsibilities of a Finance Business Analyst will include:
- Provide technical accounting interpretation and analysis including financial modelling and reconciliation.
- Interpret and document business requirements, translating these into clear, actionable deliverables. This includes activities such as gap analysis, data interpretation, determining available solutions and their pros / cons and proposing efficient and effective action to take to meet business reporting objectives.
- Ensure core deliverables are produced on time and to spec by monitoring development progress, providing guidance and technical oversight and in preparing, executing, and signing off UAT.
- Support line management in accumulation / production project documentation and status updates.
- Deliver innovation / efficiencies across the Bank through business process reengineering (BPR), automation, process/reporting simplification and proactive identification of opportunities to enhance reporting capabilities.
- Ensure Bank Policy relating to the preparation of External or Material reporting is adhered to by monitoring planned developments and reviewing sign-off documentation as part of the change management process.
- Manage / lead key user forum and developer progress meetings, preparing and issuing relevant materials.
- Prepare and / or perform and / or review user acceptance testing scripts to appraise system change as required within the change timelines communicated.
- Manage team and stakeholder expectation through effective and timely communication.
The successful Finance Business Analyst will include:
- Qualified accountant familiar with IFRS reporting standards.
- Relevant technical degree-level education with a preference toward accounting / financial and / or mathematical disciplines.
- Experience in Finance transformation and change programmes in Commercial and Investment Banking is highly desirable as is practical experience working with common transaction platforms such as Gloss and LoanIQ.
- Experience in conducting workshops with (junior -> senior) stakeholders to gather business requirements.
- Experience leading / working on data-related projects: Project Management qualifications advantageous.
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information and model data.
- Proven track record documenting, actioning and testing business requirements and change requests.
- Prior experience performing Finance-based SIT/UAT/REL for new products onboarding process highly desirable.
- Prior experience working within Commercial Banking and/or Investment Banking environment and familiarity with accounting treatments for banking products (incl. derivatives).
- Business practical experience using Oracle Cloud / On-prem GL systems desirable.
- Strong technical / analytical skills in data extraction and analysis (e.g. SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerBI).
- Proven track record documenting, actioning and testing change requests.
- Strong communication skills and is comfortable presenting in front of various audiences: experience delivering training content and conducting requirements gathering workshops would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Stephen Coffey firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 626 6065.