Job ID 39387
Finance Business Manager
City of London/Hybrid
Contract Approximately 3 – 6 months (possibly permanent)
£500 per day PAYE
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Finance Business Manager at VP level to work with them on a contract basis. This could potentially, for the right person, move to a permanent position.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to drive the achievement of Finance’s objectives across EMEA. You will also coordinate cross-Finance, pan-EMEA issues in partnership with senior management. You will be responsible for monitoring Finance’s Risk, Compliance, and organisation obligations and improving region-wide communication.
The Responsibilities of a Finance Business Manager VP Will Include:
· Responsible for driving coordination for finance committee meeting, drive agenda and minutes of the meetings.
· Consolidate finance papers for the Audit Committee
· Responsible for arranging for finance townhalls, finance strategy meetings and set agendas for the meetings.
· Assisting the relevant PM / sponsors on projects where required to ensure completion of project goals and especially Finance deliverables.
· Responsible for the creation and management of department-wide key performance MI and metrics to measure performance and identify efficiency opportunities, for example EUC and risk register.
· Take a lead in Values and Diversity initiatives for the Finance function.
· Identification of opportunities for efficiencies, especially by considering standardization and alignment of best practices across Finance (including consideration of offshoring); and
· Applying technical knowledge to implement and maintain principals of good governance to create alignment and consistency of controls across the section.
· Assist Head of Finance with presentations for Townhall and related meetings
The Successful Finance Business Manager VP Will Have:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Post-graduate qualification in Finance, Accountancy or Risk related discipline.
· Experience in communicating to senior management and key internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledge of banking and capital markets products
· Knowledge and experience in project management skills and disciplines.
· Literate in Finance and Accounting Standards and practices