Job ID 39495
Financial Institutions Credit Analyst Vice President
City of London
Up to £85,000 per annum
cer Financial are working alongside an international bank based in the City of London. They are seeking a FI Credit Analyst Vice President to work with them on a permanent basis.
They are looking for a FI credit analyst to lead and cover a portfolio of clients across developed and emerging economies. Knowledge of Financial Institutions as well as a strong understanding of the mitigants provided through legal documentations (ISDA/CSA, loan documentations) are required. Knowledge of the insurance sector would be beneficial but not mandatory.
The responsibilities of a FI Credit Analyst Vice President will include:
· Oversight of FI-related credit work and workflow control including Credit Application and Borrower Rating commitments. Credit work will be forward looking fundamental credit calls on live transactions, limit renewals and annual reviews; working side by side with relationship bankers and product partners.
· New client approvals, including setting credit appetite, limits and rating, performing due diligence calls/ visits, drafting/ negotiating credit terms for legal documentation
· Structure, negotiate and document new transactions including syndicated loans and bilateral loans
· Involvement in complex / high profile credit cases. Quickly able to assess key credit issues, raise salient points to the correct stakeholders and to assess the risk-reward trade off.
· Ability to multi-task and manage ever changing and often conflicting priorities; Ability to work with a high level of motivation and initiative and ensure accurate and timely compliance with internal rules and reporting procedures.
· Work with the Head of FI CAD to train, supervise and develop junior team members.
· Assist with other team workflow on the FI side, where appropriate or required.
· Analysing economic, market, regulatory, industry events/developments and assessing their impact on the portfolio. Reporting any relevant events to the Head of FI CAD and other relevant senior risk management.
· Analysing and interpreting the stress testing results and take actions as appropriate at counterparty, country and/or industry level.
The successful FI Credit Analyst Vice President will include:
· Teamwork: evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams
· Creativity: Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that have practical value
· Problem solver: think ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identify clear objectives.
· Demonstrate strong credit skills and judgement, with an intensive “hand on” approach to analysing the details of credit and structure
· Strong interpersonal skills. Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, product specialists and credit executives, and to partner with them effectively
· An excellent understanding of loan documentation and key credit protections.
· Understanding of market risk and ISDA/CSA documents.
· Degree level and professional qualifications desirable.