- Job ID 34835
Financial Institutions Credit Analyst
City of London
£200 per day
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the Coty of London. They are seeking a Financial Institutions Credit Analyst to work with them on a contract.
In this role you will analyse deals/customers from credit perspective for credit applications of mainly Financial Institutions, such as Banks, Insurance and Non-Bank FI as well as sovereign, and to obtain approval in timely manner in Credit Department.
The Responsibilities of a Financial Institutions Credit Analyst Will Include:
- To analyse deals/customers from credit perspective for credit applications of mainly Financial Institutions, such as Banks, Insurance and Non-Bank FI as well as sovereign, and to obtain approval in timely manner in Credit Department.
- Proactively managing the interaction and communication with marketing officers, obtaining requisite information in order to complete the analysis, discuss and agree applicable conditions and instructions.
- Attend meetings with marketing officers, articulate risk perception and appetite for a transaction / counterparty in line with bank’s policies and procedures.
- Maintaining active focus on working with front office deal teams to ensure promise-keeping delivery to clients including internal approval process.
- Assist other team members when less busy by taking work, particularly in times of strong workflow and absences, to ensure that the work is fairly distributed.
- Work collaboratively with other risk disciplines (market risk, operational risk, reputation risk) where appropriate to ensure enterprise wide view of risk is considered for a counterparty, portfolio, asset class etc.
The Successful Credit Analyst Will Have:
- Experience in a credit management role within major international bank.
- Experience of undertaking sovereign analysis, bank, insurance and asset management credit analysis in a structured manner enabling clear identification and articulation of risk issues, and how these are mitigated.
- Evidence of the ability to work independently in order to manage actively transactions deadlines, with early escalation to senior management of material issues.
- Partnering with key stakeholders, and influencing senior management principally within the credit department and front office units.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate loan, trade finance, and derivative products including appropriate documentation and current market trend.
- Possible experience of a front office / marketing role and knowledge of key players in the corporate and trade finance market is an advantage.