Job ID 39574
cer Financial are working alongside an international bank based in Canary Wharf. They are seeking a KYC Analyst to work with them on a permanent basis.
They are looking for someone to act within the first line of defence, in the three lines of defence model. The role is designed to protect the Bank by identifying Financial Crime and Sanctions risks associated with the onboarding of new clients into the Bank, and conducting periodic due diligence on all existing clients, using a risk-based approach. Also, to ensure that the client information registered in the KYC workflow system is consistent and have been correctly completed. This includes any customers classifications required for regulatory purposes. The role will also ensure that the correct regulatory notices and customer communication have been stored and where necessary have been correctly acknowledged by the customer.
The responsibilities of a KYC Analyst will include:
- Analyse submissions for new client onboarding, ensuring adherence to the CPD AML / CTF standards, regulatory guidance and internal policies. Where necessary ensuring timely escalation to the relevant second line for further advice and guidance.
- Where required participate in the on the job training of new staff to the team, ensuring that they obtain a full understanding of the systems used as part of their role and the policies and procedures to be followed.
- Participate as directed in the remediation of files identified as requiring additional work by the Compliance Monitoring reviews, or FCMO QA team, ensuring that the remediation is fully completed within the allowed timescale and any issues are escalated as soon as identified.
- Attend meetings with the Front Office teams as required, providing help and guidance in relation to KYC matters and where necessary working within the Front Office teams for short periods to assist RM’s in the use of the systems or the completion of their KYC related tasks.
- Proactively contribute to improved Departmental performance, by identifying weaknesses / inefficiency in systems, workflow and processes, suggesting enhancements and quantify the efficiency gains, be that from a financial perspective, or from a customer experience / security aspect.
- To participate in any ongoing projects as directed and required. This includes system development testing and implementation.
- Prepare MI as directed to be used for reporting purposes for Bank committees .
- Ensure that change in process is reflected in the sections procedures.
The successful KYC Analyst will include:
- The role requires a good understanding of the regulatory framework associated with Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML and to keep abreast of the changes to this.
- Previous experience of working within a CDD team in a financial institution would be a benefit
- Externally recognised qualifications in relation to AML and Customer Due Diligence are desirable, but not a prerequisite (e.g. ICA Certificates / ACAMS)
- The role requires excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to communicate complex issues and regulatory requirements to all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team, supporting others to ensure the overall team objectives are achieved.
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Charlie Watson email@example.com / 0207 626 6065.