Job ID 39258
City of London
£60,000 per annum
cer Financial are working alongside a Financial Services Solutions company who have investment management, debt advisory, Loan servicing and portfolio management as offerings, and are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Portfolio Analyst to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Portfolio Analyst will primarily focus on the ongoing management and surveillance of Private Corporate Debt portfolios of loans/debt facilities, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and delivery within Service Level Agreements.
To manage multiple deliverables to meet pre-agreed deadlines and deliver a consistent high quality of service to clients, both internal and external, whilst adhering to policies and procedures.
Meeting commitments, working independently, taking accountability, staying focused under pressure as well as showing the ability to adjust plans to meet changing needs.
The responsibilities of a Portfolio Analyst will include:
- Continuously monitor the development of individual portfolio transactions, perform Market/Sector research and analysis and inform management as well as client of any material developments on a portfolio of (mostly) performing loans
- Regular (at least annual) analysis of key transaction risks (as applicable)
- Preparation of robust and concise internal credit papers (credit review, waivers/amendments) according to agreed formats and in a timely manner for review by line manager to obtain relevant client approvals during loan life
- Work with line manager and responsible people to ensure smoothened credit process
- Review/update of financial models to assess future performance and risks (as applicable)
- Prepare internal ratings in accordance with applicable guidelines, where relevant
- Provide robust collateral valuations, (where applicable and depending on collateral type with input from external advisers), including the respective documentation
- Preparation of watch-list reports discussing trends, remedies, progress, future loan amendments and provide advice regarding possible exit strategies, where applicable
- Analyse, evaluate and comment on drawdown requests and transaction related financial, technical and legal reporting provided by borrowers and/or advisors as applicable
- Ensure timely covenant tracking with adequate recording in relevant system
- Ensure timely closure of conditions/tasks
- Discuss/negotiate any kind of waiver requests, early repayments and restructurings with borrowers/agents and other external/internal parties e.g. lawyers
- Attend site visits and borrower meetings (as required)
- Where required, discuss/negotiate necessary credit and collateral documentation and ensure that all documentation and decisions required are correctly prepared, communicated and processed
- Maintain electronic credit files for respective deals, ensuring key documents have been saved before submission of approval requests (in accordance with Client’s guidelines and naming conventions)
- Consider relevant regulatory requirements and client guidelines
The successful Portfolio Analyst will include:
- University degree, ideally, 1-3 years working experience in relevant field in credit, risk or portfolio management
- Background in and knowledge of credit risk drivers and risks inherent in the respective borrower industry sectors
- Solid analytical and technical skills and ability to understand complex loan documentation, financing structures and models
- Comfortable in a client facing role and ability to confidently present recommendations up to credit committee level
- Good organizational and time management skills, a hands-on approach and attention to detail are necessary
- Good writing skills producing robust, concise and insightful decision papers
- Team player with ability to work in a multicultural and international environment
- Must be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to changing business and client requirements.
- High level of familiarity of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or other data processing and analysis tools
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Simon Blau email@example.com / 0207 626 6065.