Job ID 39393
Regulatory Reporting Manager
City of London
Up to £85,000 per annum
cer Financial are working alongside an international bank based in the City of London. They are seeking a Regulatory Reporting Accountant – Assistant Manager to work with them on a permanent basis. This role is based in the office <5 days per week.
They are looking for someone to be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of the Bank’s Financial Regulatory Reports, with an emphasis on keeping pace with the continuing changes within the regulatory environment and develop accurate, consistent and effective reporting. In co-ordination with the Head of Accounting, this includes the planning and supervision of the regulatory reporting processes and dataflows to ensure the integrity of the Bank’s financial data is maintained throughout with full audit trails to support.
The responsibilities of a Regulatory Reporting Accountant Assistant Manager will include:
- Manage the full suite of Regulatory reports (COREP, FINREP, PRA and BOE).
- Distribution of workflows and tasks across the Finance department to meet deliverables.
- Responsibility for ensuring all regulatory reporting deadlines are met on time and to the highest standard of accuracy and consistency, meeting all internal procedures, governance and controls.
- Taking a lead role in the project work supporting any changes across regulatory reporting developments to ensure the Bank meets all existing and future requirements and is able to demonstrate clear governance and oversight for its regulatory reporting framework.
- Ensure that procedures, policies and reviews for change are well documented with clear and concise explanations to substantiate and support regulatory concepts and requirements across all reporting areas.
- To demonstrate that regulatory reporting outputs are validated to the Bank’s internal Management Accounts or Annual Financial Statements including post month end adjustments and with any variances clearly identified and retained with internal documentation for returns.
- To ensure accurate integration and accounting for the Bank’s IFRS9 reporting and ECL calculations with regulatory reporting and sharing of calculated ECLs, Staging etc for Monthly ALCO meetings.
- All regulatory reports to provide analysis and variable reviews against previous periods.
- To deliver training and development of the teams Regulatory reporting officers managing their objectives and ensuring these are reviewed regularly.
- To maintain up to date knowledge in respect of the latest accounting rules / principles affecting the bank and its regulatory reporting.
- To supervise and manage other staff in the absence of the Head of Accounting & Finance
- To support and assist both internal and external auditors and any other 3rd party firm engaged on behalf of the Bank or the regulator.
The successful Regulatory Reporting Accountant Assistant Manager will include:
- Academic qualifications: Must hold a degree in any of the following subjects: Accountancy & Finance, Business & Finance, Economics, Maths or equivalent.
- A Professional qualification: ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified an advantage.
- Work experience requirements: Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience of regulatory reporting within a banking environment or similar financial institution.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of CRR, CRR 2, CRD IV, CRD V, Basel III, and Regulatory Handbooks
- Experience running annual audits.
- Specialist regulatory reporting knowledge regarding the Banking industry and its products / services.
- Advanced knowledge of MS suite specifically Excel and Word. General soft skills.
- Familiarity with specialised Regulatory Reporting software and systems.
- Able to prioritise and work to strict deadlines and a clear ability to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others.
- Clearly demonstrated interpersonal communication and interaction skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and report writing.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and pro-active manner.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
If you are interested in this role, call us on or email Stephen Coffey email@example.com / 0207 626 6065.