Job ID 39895
City of London
cer Financial are working alongside an warm diverse international insurance company who are based in the City of London. They are seeking an Underwriter to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Responsibilities of an Direct Business Underwriter Will Include:
· Conducts new enquiry quotations by collecting background information, examining insurance proposals, and calculating the premium and sending out quotations.
· Manages Renewals by reviewing risk, processing renewals and issuing renewal letters.
· Issues policy by achieving deadline to release live policy documents with premium received.
· Processes Cancellations by confirming with customer and liaising with Finance Department for refund.
· Highlights survey risk improvement by sending out risk improvement document and following up.
· Builds up effective trading relationships with introducers and contributing to achievement of results.
· Deals with online student products by explaining student product cover and providing customer support.
· Maintains a good relationship with direct clients and corporate customers by providing high-quality service.
· Demonstrates contributions to loss ratio control by assessing risk and imposing terms and conditions effectively.
· Analyses retention levels and adjusts after investigating the factors affecting performance.
· Provides a consistent top-quality service to customers to enhances our reputation and increase the probability of renewals.
The Successful Underwriter Will Have:
· Experiences in insurance underwriting in commercial or personal lines.
· Good knowledge and experience in underwriting insurance risks.
· Knowledge of relevant regulatory practices and legislations in the industry.
· Certificate in insurance (Cert CII) is preferable.