Job ID 40478
Data Governance Analyst – AVP
City of London
12 month contract
£400 per day
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Data Governance Analyst – AVP to work with them on a contract. This suitable candidate MUST have a strong focus on financial crime knowledge/ expertise (specifically in Anti money laundering / combating of financing of terrorism)
The Data Governance Analyst role will be instrumental in the delivery of appropriate Data Governance surrounding the Financial Crime – Anti Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Sanctions process. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the many facets of Data Governance pertaining to data cataloguing, data quality, data analytics, and data visualisation.
The Responsibilities of a Data Governance Analyst – VP Will Include:
· Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of data governance, data quality, metadata, profiling, analysis, and data management tools.
· Support the implementation of the data governance strategy and policy
· Drives the data definition, governance and lineage aspects ‘end to end’ for each Use Case assigned
· Responsible for monitoring changes to business data requirements and ensuring that change and release management activities are executed for the data domains
· Contributes to the firm’s objective of meeting industry regulatory expectations with respect to the data governance program as well as establishing processes that generate accurate, complete, timely and reliable data
· Work with Local Data Officers and teams across the Division on the development and implementation of data standards and adoption requirements for EMEA Data
· Collaborates with business, compliance, technology, and other groups to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined and communicated as part of initiative prioritisation and planning
· Support the investigation of Data Quality Issues, development of remediation plans and recommendations to fix at source
· Ability to establish consistent contact with all teams to provide updates, stay on track and report risks and issues timely with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
The Successful Data Governance Analyst – VP Will Have:
· Solid knowledge and expertise in Financial Crime – Anti Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) space.
· Knowledge of the Sanctions framework, requirements and processes.
· Working knowledge and understanding of data governance, data quality, metadata, profiling, analysis, and data management tools.
· Analytically minded with experience in problem solving and being able to communicate workable solutions
· Understanding of data governance practices.
· Ability to think in an enterprise-wide manner, rather than a siloed or business unit focused fashion
· Analytically minded with the enthusiasm to problem solve and be able to implement and deliver solutions.
· Confident stakeholder engagement skills to communicate and achieve buy-in from stakeholders across EMEA
· An understanding of Physical, Logical, and Business data Models
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Project.
· Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining the ability to work independently with little supervision.
· Confident manner and strong presentation skills
· Ability to work independently and see challenges through to resolution
· Relevant industry experience, preferably in a quantitative discipline
· Exposure to Collibra and other data governance tools