Job ID 40333
Senior Credit Risk Manager
City of London
£80,000 – £100,000
cer Financial are working alongside an International bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Senior Credit Risk Manager to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Responsibilities of a Senior Credit Risk Manager Will Include:
- To provide independent, high quality credit risk assessments and recommendations for (a) corporate, financial institution and sovereign counterparties, issuers and clients, and (b) country risks, and to ensure that those assessments are formally reviewed in line with credit policy.
- To assist the Deputy Head of Risk in ensuring that all credit risks in the Bank are identified, monitored and controlled effectively, and that the Bank establishes and maintains appropriate credit risk management controls, systems, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that credit exposures are accurately reported in accordance within policy to the Deputy Head of Risk and senior management, the Business Areas and other support areas as required, and to monitor on a daily basis adherence to approved credit limits.
- To ensure that credit limit breaches are reported in accordance with policy.
- To determine and, where applicable, improve the methodology for accurately calculating credit exposures from new and existing products and business, and for measuring and monitoring portfolio credit risks.
- To monitor news and other market information that indicate material changes in the assessment of the Bank’s credit and country risks, and to inform the Deputy Head of Risk, Senior Management and the relevant Business Areas.
- To conduct quarterly IFRS9 provision calculations using the Head Office model.
- To provide support, advice and assistance to all Business Areas on all credit-related matters, including structuring of prospective transactions to mitigate credit risk appropriately.
- Read and understand the Risk Management & Compliance framework (and the policies referenced therein) that are applicable to their work and ensure that their work is carried out in full accordance with those policies and procedures and with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ensure they are familiar with the appropriate documented procedures applicable to their work, including End-to-End Process Maps.
- Reporting and escalating material risk events, including conduct risk events and conflicts of interest, or losses to the Deputy Head of Risk.
- Ensuring familiar with the department’s detailed BCM plans.
- Ensuring transactions arranged are in accordance with the Tax Risk Policy and are documented in accordance with the Legal Policy and any applicable departmental procedures.
- Ensuring managing the use of IT systems and of data, particularly personal data, in accordance with the IT Security Policy and the Data Protection Policy and any applicable departmental procedures.
- Responsibility for the provision of policy, tools, techniques and support to enable conduct and compliance risk to be managed in the first line.
The Successful Senior Credit Risk Manager Will Have:
- Educated to degree and/or appropriate professional qualification level.
- Strong experience in analysing credit risks of all types and experience of implementing credit risk management frameworks
- A good understanding of a broad range of wholesale banking and treasury products and a strong understanding of the sources of credit risk in such products