Job ID 40357
Senior Manager Enterprise Risk
West end (Belgravia)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOUR MAIN RISK EXPERIENCE IS FROM SMALL OR LARGE BANKING (preferably a mixture of both – not fintech, asset management etc.)
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the west end. They are seeking an Enterprise Risk Senior Manager (ERM) to work with them on a permanent basis.
The Responsibilities of an Enterprise Risk Senior Manager Will Include:
· Develop, enhance and maintain London branch enterprise risk framework and associated documentation, including the framework requirements in an appropriate manner.
· Set and track the London branch annual enterprise risk management development/review plan.
· Review and challenge all metrics and qualitative assessments while enhancing risk management framework depth/coverage and allocation.
· Review of the PRA/FCA guidelines on three lines of defence. Propose updates to the London branch governance framework to ensure compliance.
· Lead policy framework by establish an inventory of the existing branch policies to establish ‘state of the world’ establish remediating actions with target dates and owners.
· Coordinating the setting and operationalisation of risk appetite
· Ongoing monitoring of London branch risk profile against risk appetite through monitoring of performance against Enterprise risk appetite Thresholds.
· Review of required escalations and tracking of risk response actions.
· Draft and maintain the London branch enterprise risk appetite framework.
· Analyse the Enterprise risk appetite consumption level of key metrics.
· Develop the risk management regulations gap report through discussions with functional teams across the Group.
· Participate in the review of the regulations and standards issued.
· Set and track the deadlines for the resolution of gaps committed by the business units.
· Support the chief risk officer in challenging the gap findings by various units within London branch.
· Support the chief risk officer in the coordination of external/internal audit issues management within London branch.
· Challenge the evidence/compliance provided by London branch in responding to external/internal audit queries.
· Set and track open issues in coordinating with internal and external audit teams.
· Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
· As a member of the Risk Management team to play a wider role in risk management issues as determined by the Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
· Provide training on enterprise risk matters to colleagues as appropriate.
· Manage engagement with key stakeholders and CRO (Chief Risk Office) to get a good understanding of priorities and to address concerns on all sides.
· Manage escalations and recommend steps on issue resolutions.
The Successful Enterprise Risk Senior Manager Will Have:
· University Degree
· At least 7-10 years’ risk experience within Banking
· Enterprise risk management/internal audit experience essential
· Incumbent must have experience in writing procedures
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.