Job ID 40089
City of London
Initially a 6-month fixed term contract
£50,000 – £55,000
cer Financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Compliance Officer to work with them initially a 6-month fixed term contract.
The Responsibilities of a Compliance Officer Will Include:
- The primary purpose of the due diligence analyst position is to review new account onboarding and ongoing Know Your customer (KYC) information/documents and ensuring compliance with the Bank’s established Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML & CTF) programmes.
- Analyse customers’ transactional activities to identify possible suspicious activities
- Investigate possible money laundering, terrorist financing transactional and fraud activities
- Detect and mitigate red flags for potential financial crime, including money laundering, terrorist financing activities and fraud as it appears in customer profiles and associated transactional activities
- Raise suspicious activity report (SAR) where customer activity may indicate money laundering or terrorist financing suspicion
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the compliance and regulatory frameworks that apply to financial institutions
- Demonstrate understanding of the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) guidance and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requirements
- Strong knowledge of Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Source of Wealth (SoW), Source of Funds (SoF) requirements
- Ensure the appropriate collection of required information/documents for new and existing customers to effectively support the Bank’s KYC and AML & CTF programmes.
- Review documents and information to perform enhanced due diligence on higher risk customers including Politically exposed persons (PEPS) and correspondent banks
The Successful of a Compliance Officer Will Have:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant AML experience within the financial services industry and have a strong knowledge and experience of KYC, CDD, EDD requirements at customer onboarding and ongoing levels
- Strong understanding of the compliance and regulatory frameworks that apply to financial institutions regarding AML
- Strong understand of the JMLSG, Financial crime guide / industry standards
- Ability to analyse complex structures to determine risk exposure and identify KYC/AML requirements