Job ID 39788
Enterprise Messaging Engineer
City of London
£400 per day PAYE
cer financial are working alongside a bank who are based in the City of London. They are seeking a Enterprise Messaging – Engineer / AVP to work with them on a contract. This role will operate on a PAYE inside IR35 basis.
The Enterprise Messaging Engineer is responsible for the operation of the organisation’s Unified Communication global platforms, resolving any technical system issues and acting as the point of escalation for other teams within IT, supported by the Senior Engineers. You will support infrastructure comprised of Microsoft O365, Proofpoint SMTP Security, SourceOne, iQSuite DLP , and Lotus Notes.
The Responsibilities of an Enterprise Messaging – Engineer / AVP Will Include:
- Maintain, monitor and operate the unified communications environment in line with the banks policies and procedures.
- Support the unified communications related work streams of projects and ensure that project deliverables are executed in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and help to operate the unified communications platforms ensuring that issues are logged and escalated to the next level of technical support or escalated to management where required.
- Provide technical support to the other departments within IT, on unified communications related matters and BAU issues.
- Proactively monitor and enhance the unified communications environment by ensuring alerts generated by the system are managed and progressed.
- Ensuring that the unified communications environment is enrolled in the appropriate capacity management reporting systems in order to provide accurate system utilisation data .
- Assisting the Architecture and Engineer Team with managing the environment’s hardware and software life-cycles, ensuring that the organisation’s systems do not become affected by end-of-life or end-of-support milestones.
- Ensuring all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment.
- Integrate automated processes where relevant and appropriate.
- Managing and developing collaborative relationships with other groups within the IT division, locally and globally.
- Act as a point of escalation for out-of-hours issues.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Undertaking other reasonable tasks at the discretion of the Enterprise Messaging Lead and head of the section.
- Undertake visits to datacentre locations in order to support underlying technologies.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
The Successful Enterprise Messaging – Engineer / AVP Will Have:
- Experienced in design and architecture within the Microsoft O365 product suite.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft product set and have a passion for unified workspace applications and services.
- Understanding of complimentary Unified Communication applications e.g. Fax, archiving, DLP.
- Experience in supporting email technologies including management and troubleshooting platforms including email security.
- Good knowledge of Cisco networking including a fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS
- Good storage knowledge, fundamental understanding of block and file storage protocols
- Good level of practical experience of managing the implementation and administration of email technologies including Microsoft O365, SourceOne, iQSuite , Proofpoint, IBM Domino Lotus Notes, and Eskerfax etc.
- Practical experience of managing the implementation and administration of email protocols including SMTP and TLS.
- A proven track record of managing projects to delivery within financial institutions (or other heavily regulated industry)
- Working experience within strict change control and mature process driven environments
- Familiarity with backup solutions for highly virtualised environments.